Power the terminal On and Off:
Press and release the power button. When the terminal turns on, the status lights illuminate. If you've already paired and connected the reader with your device, then the reader automatically reconnects to it.
Charge the terminal:
You can charge the terminal by using the USB cable that's supplied with it. Plug the small end of USB connector into the terminal, and then plug the large end into a phone charger or a computer.
Pairing the terminal:
The terminal will be paired with your device through the Amenitiz app, not through your device bluetooth settings.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone or tablet.
On the Amenitiz app, go to the reservation you want to charge, and choose Charge the guest, then choose Card Terminal.
- Allow the different authorization request that will pop up:
- Accept the pairing:
If you can't connect to the terminal, follow these steps:
- Check on phone Settings > Connections > Bluetooth, if the terminal is paired, unpair it (so that it becomes available to the App again)
- Completely close the Amenitiz App before retrying again
- Now when selecting again the terminal card payment, the terminal should show up in the list and connect.
Using the terminal:
Once the terminal is connected, fill the amount you want to charge, and your client's email address. Choose Add payment to proceed with charging the card.
The payment will go through different status: Preparing for payment > Waiting for payment > Processing Payment > Completing Payment.
A notification will then be displayed to confirm the payment.
The first time you connect, an update will be downloaded and installed automatically. This process can take a few minutes.