- Buying a gift card
Gift cards can be bought on the booking engine only, here is an example of the path to purchase on the booking engine:
The customer who buys a gift card will have the possibility to send it directly to a friend, by email.
With each purchase, the payer will receive a confirmation email for the gift card and payment (with a reminder of the card amount and expiration date) and, if applied, a copy of the email to the recipient of the gift card containing all the information necessary to use the card.
Once the gift card has been bought, you will receive it on your Amenitiz extranet, in the section > Reservations > Gift Cards:
From this section you can find your current gift cards. By clicking on "details" you will have access to the updated information of the gift card (validity date, remaining amount), as well as the reservation(s) on which the gift card has been used:
Once the total amount of the card has been used up, it will no longer appear in the Reservations > Gift Cards tab.
- Using a gift card
There are two ways to use a gift card, the receiver can use it on the booking engine entering the code of the gift card:
A customer can use the gift card on several bookingsThe owner can also register a gift card payment on a booking, simply go to the "Payments" section of the booking details, click on "Log payment", select the payment method "Client voucher" and enter the code of the gift card received by e-mail. Is it useful in case your client is calling you to book a stay with a gift card.
- Terms, conditions, and payment
- For the customer: once the gift card has been purchased, it cannot be deleted, cancelled or refunded. The amount of the card cannot be updated. It it is not possible to combine multiple gift cards for the same reservation.
- When an unused card reaches its expiry date, the amount is no longer valid and no refund can be made. You have indeed the possibility to change the validity period of a specific gift card going into the client sheet, in vouchers > edit voucher:
- You can modify the settings of your gift cards as you wish. They will be effective on future gift cards and will not affect gift cards already purchased.
Example: if you decide to increase the amount of your "Valentine's Day" gift card, this update will affect the future "Valentine's Day" gift cards purchased. On the other hand, the "Valentine's Day" gift cards purchased before this modification will keep their initial balance.
- If the amount of the reservation exceeds the balance of the gift card, then the rest can be paid with the payment methods available at your property. If you accept payment by card only, the payments sales terms will apply to the amount due on the reservation.
Example: the guest is doing a reservation for 200€, using a gift card of 100€. The amount due will be 100€ ; if you set up sales terms of 30% at booking and 70% at the check-in, then the guest will pay 30€ at the booking.
- It is possible to generate an invoice from a gift card, as it is an invoice from a gift card and not from a reservation, the VAT will always be 0%. It will not be possible to add new items on the invoice since it is already paid.